Everything you need to Know about Trekking Mount Batur for Sunrise Trek – If you heard Bali, I am sure your mindset in beaches, 5 start hotel and unique culture but beside of that Bali also offers full of adventure. One of those is starts bright and in early to capture sunrise for top of mount Batur or well known as Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking tours. Almost 30% travelers visit Bali try to escape from hustle and bustle of city and agree stunning sunrise from top of Mount Batur is the right choice. Trust us, Mount Batur sunrise is worth every single effort. If don’t want wake up in early morning for sunrise, there are available day trek, sunset trek or overnight camping on the top of Mount Batur. Bali has two really active volcano, both are still really active at this time but one them not allowed to hike, its Mount Agung. Here below everything you need to know about Trekking Mount Batur for Sunrise trek.
A. Where is Mount Batur Nested?
Mount Batur is nested in north path of Bali, precisely in the district of Kntamni, Bangli regency, the volcano surrounded by 8 villages, that are Songan, Kedisan, Buahan, Abang, Terunyan, Baldingan, Pindggan and Batur village. Mount Batur sits on 1031 meters above sea level and the highest peak is 1,717 meters, this volcano is the second active in the Island, the last t recent eruption in 2000.
B. How to get to Mount Batur from famous palaces in Bali
Most visitors who want to do Mount Batur sunrise trek stay in Ubud or Seminyak area, the easier and the common ways to go to Mount Batur is book your trip with include pick up and drop off services from your hotel. Almost 100% trekking companies in Bali offers include pick up and drop off services in their rate and able to pick up in your location. It will be worth if you can book your hike with right local companies, you will be safety in their hand. You also can hire taxi for your hike but it will be more expensive if compare with booking direct to the local trekking companies. Another ways to reach Mount Batur is by scooter, ride you own but we don’t recommend it because it can be a big risk for yourself, ride in the darkness is dangerous, there are a lot people dogs out at 2.30 am, weather very cold and many more, beside of that, you have to ride your own through small villages narrowly, road and unknown ways, so this not recommended. Bellow the distance from to Mount Batur.
1. Ubud to Mount Batur: 49 km, 1 hour 15 minutes drive.
2. Seminyak to Mount Batur: 79 km, 2 hours 15 minutes drive.
3. Kuta to Mount Batur: 82 km, 2 hours 20 minutes drive.
C. 5 start rating Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking Companies you can consider.
There is not an good idea to walk up Mount Batur without guide, there are available tons pf trekking companies you can choose but not all of them are reliable and competent. You can book in advance at home via their website and read the record of the companies on TripAdvisor or you do this once you arrive in Bali. Most of people booked online via WhatsApp or email, this is the easier and the best because you can use your time to do others thing without to shop around looking for a good rate. Here are a few Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking companies you can book online:
Recommeded Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking in Bali.
D. The best time to hike Mount Batur for sunrise
If you really keen to capture sunrise from top of Mount Batur, you can visit Mount Batur during dry season, from April to The best time to trek Mount Batur is during dry day season , its start from beginning of May to the end of October. If you want escape busies tourist, do not visit Mount Batur on July to August, this the peak season of Mount Batur sunrise trek, beside of that, August usually more cloudy, sometime can’t see nothing once you reaching the top. November to April is wet season but sometime during wet season sunrise very good but trek during wet season possibly trek on a rainy & cloudy day as it would be slippery and you wouldn’t see much.
E. How difficult is hike mount Batur for sunrise?
Well, actually mount Batur not as difficult as you think it’s depending on your physical ability. Some people said its difficult because in their home less exercise but some people said Mount Batur is easy. As you known, Mount Batur able to do with kids 5 years old, you can think about it. The Mount Batur sunrise trekking tours began at 4 am from the base of the mountain, it complete darkness and you make your way up 4 km. It took us about 2 hours to reach the actual summit 1,717 meters above sea level. The class of difficulty is easy to moderate and difficult for less exercise climbers.
F. What you should prepare and wear for Mount Batur sunrise tek?
This is hiking to the mountain of course you have to prepare well think before ahead, bellow the important thinks you should prepare and wear.
- Wear layers – You will start your hike in the morning at 4 am, the base of stating point if 1,000 meters above the sea level, it will be very cold. So wear hat, glove, long pants and warm jacket etc…
- Foot wears – This is volcano trek, on the way up you will walk on the sharp rock, loses rock and sandy, this is slippery. You have to preparer wear proper shoes, trekking shoes is recommended but sport shoes or sneakers is good enough as long as have good grips. Don’t forget bring spare socks because after passing sandy your shocks will be dirty, you can replies it you have spare.
- Food and drink – You can bring food and drink but not too much, bring light energy food and isotonic drinks, it can be useful for you once you need supplies energy. Don’t forget bring your own water because during your hike you need a lot of water.
- Camera – Despite right now smartphone already have good quality camera but SLR Camera will be perfect for take picture.
- Lightweight Tripod- This a good idea for better photos if you have a tripod, once you get the top you can use your tripod for take amazing picture, we suggest a lightweight travel tripod.
G. What is including for Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking?
Almost 100% trekking companies provide pick up drop off, breakfast and guide as well but there two different tours, one is share tours and the other one is private tour. Bellow the inclusion of Private tours:
- Private driver and guide – You will have own private drive and guide only for you, it will be more comfort during your tour.
- Trekking equipment – The companies will provide your trekking equipment such as, trekking poles, flashlight and raincoat.
- Breakfast – Such as https://mountbatursunrisetrekking.com/ they provide good breakfast on the top, it’s include selected hot drink, banana sandwich, hardboiled egg in the volcanic steam, seasonal fruits, chocolate and biscuits.
H. Hotel nearby Mount Batur Volcano
If you want spend more take in around mount batur and want sleep more before hike you can consider staying around the around the mountain. There are several hotels with amazing views and peaceful settings with medium to low budget hotel you can choose. Here bellow recommended hotel to stay around the mount Batur:
- The Ayu kintamani Villa 4 Star Hotel $100, gorgeous private pool villas & volcano views
- Bali Sunrise Villa and Restaurant $50-100, gorgeous rooms with views
- Volcano Terrace l $30-50 | great views of lake and mountain,
- Mapa Lake views$30-50 | gorgeous views nearby the mountain
- Bintang House 25$ – 30 | mazing vews and garden in foot of Mount Batur.
That all about the Everything you need to Know about Trekking Mount Batur for Sunrise trek, so after reading this article you can prepare well for you batur sunrise trek.